Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remember 9/11










     I remember where I was and what I was doing like it was yesterday. Sitting at work listening to the radio and when the first report came in I thought it was a joke. I was listening to the Mancow morning show and they often played jokes on their listeners but this was too much. By the time the second plane hit there was no doubt that we were under attack. Many of my co-workers were distraught and our S.O.B. of a boss only wanted us to get back to work. I was just waiting for my phone to ring and hear my First Sargent say "get your gear, were going to war" but that call did not come, at least not that day.





The whole thing was just so surreal, I couldn't believe what I was hearing and all I could think about was how many people are dead and are there any more attacks still to come. I also thought  about my family and wether or not I would have to go off to war and leave them behind. Who would take care of them? Who would protect them now that terrorists had come to our shores? Was that selfish of me when so many thousands of families had lost there loved ones and would never see them again?

I don't know to be quite honest.










The Pentagon



Then I heard that the Pentagon had been hit and that many of my fellow soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines had been killed. At this point anger took over and all I wanted to know was who did this and when are we going after them. I didn't care what race they were or what country they were from. I just wanted to do something, anything instead of feeling so helpless.


I didn't actually get to see any of the video footage until I got home that afternoon and I still wonder why I didn't leave and go home. I guess we were all in shock and disbelief that it had even happened.



How glad I am that we had a great man in the White house when this tragedy occured.


We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail.
George W. Bush, Speech after 9/11 attacks




Never Forget, Always remember for if you do not it will happen again.


A Tribute in Light


No comments:

Post a Comment